The Village Manager (VM) position is responsible for the overall condition and compliance within one or more villages of Lake Linganore and provides the primary interface with the property owners and residents. This position reports to the Senior Village Manager unless otherwise directed. This is an exempted (salaried) position and therefore does not qualify for overtime but compensatory time is possible as approved in advance by the General Manager.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for overall monitoring of one or more villages within the PUD to observe general conditions including: individual property maintenance, compliance issues, SWM issues, parking and towing issues, monitoring storm water ponds, amenity maintenance, and other LLA common areas.
- Initiates service requests for facility maintenance staff based on community needs. May also work directly with specific contractors to have services performed in accordance with the LLA contracting procedures.
- Position is required to attend and lead period evening committee meetings on a rotating basis with Village Management team.
- Initiates due process for compliance related issues and supports through conclusion.
- Responds to all inquiries from residents within their respective village(s) and addresses the inquiry. Escalates issues to management as necessary.
- Works with General Manager on budget planning for his/her areas of responsibility. Assure that all related costs for his/her responsibilities are kept within approved budget.
- Responsible for communication with residents regarding paving, snow plowing, common area maintenance and / or any other projects (either LLA or County related) that may impact residents.
- Prepares email communications for distribution by the Communication Specialist on information relative to the members. These may be general messages for all members or village specific messages.
- Collects & compiles meeting minutes for hosted committee meetings.
- Assumes these responsibilities for other than assigned villages in the absence of their Village Manager.
- Compiles information on activities and creates status reports as scheduled or requested by the General Manager.
- Other duties as assigned by the Senior Village Manager or General Manager.
The Community Association Institute Certified Manager of Community Associations (CMCA) certification shall be a minimum requirement of this position. A candidate must possess the active certification or a higher level certification at the time of employment or acquire same within the 90 day probationary period.
Minimum requirement is an Associate’s degree in a related field of study. Five years of experience in a similar position with an HOA may be substituted for a degree. Extra consideration may be given to those applicants with an advanced degree in a related field.
Minimum of three years of experience in homeowner association or condo association management.
Additional Skills Required
Must be proficient in the use of computers including Microsoft Office, membership management systems, and work order systems. Good communication skills and ability to work with contractors, management, and the general public.
The designated starting salary range for this position is $55,000 – $65,000 annually plus incentive bonus program eligible.